Basic botany and plant identification are absolutely essential skills in the repertoire of the herbalist or traditional healer.
This 4 week home study course provides a basic introduction to the field of botany, plant naming (nomenclature), plant classification (taxonomy) and external characteristics (morphology) from a herbal medicine perspective.
This course is intended for people who have little or no botanical background and who want to develop a working knowledge of herbs.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the scope and importance of botany
- Name the different study fields within botany
- Describe the classification of plants
- Identify the different growth habits of herbs
- Explain the life cycles of plants
- Identify plants using a simplified botanical key.
Choose from Two Options
1. The Certificate of Completion Option comes with tutor support and, if you meet the requirements, a Certificate of Completion is awarded. This option is best if you want to get the full value of the course or if you have a professional interest in the course.
It may also be best for you if you tend to perform better when faced with a deadline because you have to complete the course within 4 weeks from enrolment to qualify for the Certificate of Completion.
2. The Standard Option does not include tutor support or the opportunity to qualify for the Certificate of Completion. This option is better suited to the hobbyist.
About the Certificate of Completion
The point of all SA Herb Academy learning programs is to learn a craft. There are no legislative boards, no licenses… just practical information for actual use to enrich your life and those you chose to serve.
If you are reading this, you most probably have all that is necessary to participate. For a detailed description of pre-requisites for this program please check our Terms of Service.
What Happens If the Online Course Is Not To Your Liking?
We stand behind this course and we know you’ll find that the superior content will meet your expectations.
More importantly, you’ll see results. That’s the real measure of success and that’s what you’ll get.
However, if you are not 100% satisfied with the online course, just let us know within 60 days for a full refund. And keep all the learning materials that you’ve downloaded free, with our compliments – that way, you risk nothing. It’s that simple. No questions asked. No hassles. No delays.
Prefer Paying Offline? – Click Here for More Information!