Upon completion of the Advanced Lesson Upgrade you will be able to:
Plan the layout of the beds.
Choose crops to fit your skills and garden
Use the Crop Planning Guide and Crop Planning Worksheet to determine how much of each crop to plant when
Analyse the soil in your garden
Calculate the soil amendments you need
Restore a bed for follow-up planting
Raise your own seedlings.
Care for your seedlings.
Raise plants from cuttings
Optimize your watering strategies
Implement a step-by-step time saving weeding strategy
Give your plants the exact amount of nutrients they need
Implement advanced strategies for dealing with and preventing pests and diseases
Harvest your crops
Continiously improve your results with each new sowing
Advanced Lessons Upgrade
1. Good Compost Ingredients
2. Growing Your Own Compost Crops
3. Start an Outdoor Compost Bin
4. Start a Worm Farm – with a Twist
5. The Once-a-Year Compost Heap
6. The Most Effective Garden and Bed Layouts
7. What Will You Plant?
8. The Crop Planning Guide
9. The Crop Planning Worksheet
10. Understanding Soil Types and How It Impacts On Your Food Garden
11. A Comprehensive Do-It-Yourself Soil Analysis
12. Soil Amendments in a Nutshell
13. Restoring a Bed for Follow-Up Plantings
14. Growing Your Own Seedlings?
15. Hardening Off Your Seedlings
16. Starting Plants from Cuttings
17. What Happens When You Water
18. Weed Control Strategies
19. The Nutrients Plants Need
20. Fertizing Strategies
21. Pest and Disease Management
22. Debriefing A Crop to Improve the Next One