This hot chilli sauce is a firm family favourite and it never fails to get us compliments. It’s based on a style widely used in the West Indies. Basically, it’s habanero peppers, tropical fruit, yellow mustard, and a few other ingredients thrown in for good measure. And it’s super quick-and-easy to make.
Habanero Hamburger and Hot Dog Sauce
- 12 habanero chillies seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 1 ripe mango peeled, pitted and chopped finely
- 1 cup cheap yellow prepared mustard
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Blend all the ingredients to a puree in a food processor.
- Bottle and let stand for at least a week before serving to allow the flavours to develop.
- Keep refrigerated.
Rate This Recipe
Five stars are the highest and one star is the lowest. Everyone has their own thoughts on what each star represents, but for our purposes they’ll represent the following:
5 Stars = Best Ever!
4 Stars = Loved it!
3 Stars = Liked it
2 Stars = Not Bad
1 Star = Barely edible
Recipes and article by Di-Di Hoffman.