Only registered students can access all the units. TAP to UNLOCK the Beginner Class Units.
In the previous unit you learned about the importance of having a proven food gardening system. If you missed it – please go back to the unit and study it again before you proceed with this unit.
What Makes the Go Food Gardening System Different?
#1: It’s A Whole Interrelated Food Gardening System
Having green fingers does not make one a successful food gardener. What makes one a successful food gardener is using a proven system and executing all the activities in that system consistently well.
The Go Food Gardening System features a sustainable collage of nine interrelated gardening activity cycles which all contribute to the success and sustainability of your food garden.
#2: It’s A Scale-able System
We don’t believe in one-shoe-fits-all food gardening systems. The Go Food Gardening System allows you to start with what you have (and know) and then to systematically grow and build your skill levels; and the size of your food garden.
Putting it another way – it shows you which are the essential activities that you need to start with and which ones you can add along the way. It also encourages you to start with the easiest and most valuable crops and to add the more difficult ones as your skills and experience grow.
#3: Pragmatic Approach
You’ll find hands-on step-by-step explanations wherever applicable and you’ll also find a sound horticultural underpinning for each activity. This enables you to immediately include the activity in your gardening or to adapt it to suit your own garden and personality.
Putting it another way – you’ll gain a realistic rather than a romantic understanding of what it means to live with and from nature.
#4: Good Return on Investment
I’m are sure you’ve heard stories about people who’ve started a food garden and ended up paying hundreds of dollars for one diseased lettuce and a few sad-looking carrots. Believe me, most of those stories are real. You’ll be happy to hear that I don’t believe that your food garden should oil the wheels of commerce, and therefore I show you how to set up and manage your garden for a fraction of the cost of supermarket produce.
Download a detailed PDF flowchart of The Go Food Gardening System
Use this flowchart to plan your own food gardening activities.
5 Key Benefits of The Go Food Gardening System
The results of using the Go Food Gardening System are phenomenal. No two gardens or gardeners are alike but compared to conventional horticulture and gardening practices you can expect the following:
1. From enrollment to harvest in 6 weeks. Simply follow the study program and you’ll have your first pesticide-free crops on the table in 6 weeks. Or even less.
2. Overcome the feast or famine syndrome. With our proven blueprint to overcome the feast or famine syndrome, you’ll consistently put food on the table, year-in and year-out.
3. Turn your kitchen garbage into black gold. Turn that idle compost heap into a vibrant tool to create new growing space… solve garden problems… host beneficial insects… and invigorate soil all year! In fact, you’ll build your soil 60 times faster and increase your soil fertility by up to 100% resulting in healthy, nutritious crops.
4. Beat pests and diseases at their own game – the Earth-Friendly way. With our proven ‘Pest Patrol Checklist’ (see Module 7) you’ll soon have pests looking for ‘greener pastures’ elsewhere.
5. It’s a huge cost saving and it’s the ‘green thing’ to do. Reduce your garden water consumption by up to 70%. And reduce fertilizer purchased by up to 50% – this can be as high as 100%.
Small Scale Community Gardeners and Market Gardeners can also expect to:
- Reduce fossil fuel consumption by up to 95%. This can be as high as 100%.
- Increase caloric production per unit area by 200% – 400%.
- Increase income by up to 100%.
1. Take a few minutes to reflect on the features and benefits stated above. Which appeals to you the most?
2. What else would you like from your “gardening system”?
3. Share your thoughts in a Reply below.