The easiest low-risk way to start a side hustle is to start a part-time network marketing business.
And before you run away… hear me out. There are five important reasons why a network marketing business is the best way to start a part-time herbology business.
(1) Probably the most important business skill you’ll need in any business is selling your products and/or services. And the sales training network marketing companies provide is usually first class, and free (in most cases).
(2) You’ll also learn what your target market needs are and how to reach them. These are handy marketing skills for the future.
(3) If you’ve chosen your network marketing company wisely you’ll start building a future client base for when you launch your own products or services.
(4) You’ll be building a perpetual part-time income stream which will come in handy for a thousand things and reasons in the months and years to come.
(5) Unlike starting from scratch, it’s extremely low risk. Start-up and operating costs are ridiculously low. You don’t need a big capital investment. And you don’t need to worry about developing marketing and sales material, new product development, manufacturing, personnel, growing herbs, shipping, local business regulations, etc. It’s all done for you.
We Are All Natural Network Marketers
Network marketing is something you already do every day without realizing it. Business gurus like Sir Richard Branson and Robert Kiyosaki tout its virtues. So before you write network marketing off as gibberish, download and read the free Kindle ebook Why You Need to Start Network Marketing: How to Remove Risk and Have a Better Life.
Pick A Company AND Enroll
Do your research. There are many network marketing companies in the health and wellness industry. Each has its pros and cons. Proponents and opponents. Choose carefully. But don’t procrastinate. Just pick one and enrol.
Sidenote: If you’d like to hear which global company I (Di-Di) recommend, feel free to get in touch with me.
Slightly Tweak Your Network Marketing Approach
Yur goals with starting a business-in-a-box are:
- Getting industry experience without quitting your current job.
- Much needed free industry-related sales and marketing ‘training’.
- Figuring out who your ideal customers are and to start building a future client base.
- Building an additional income stream to help smooth the tough months when launching your “real fulltime business”.
Because of the above goals, and because network marketing will (almost) always be a side-hustle, we recommend a slightly different approach when starting out than the approach taught by most network marketing companies.
Most companies will focus on helping you grow your business by moving the product right from the start. This approach is perfect if you are already familiar with their products – you are already using them yourself – and you are happy to recommend the products and company to others.
It is not the best approach to follow – for our purposes – if you’re not already using one or more of the products. In this case, we recommend that you initially focus your efforts on getting first-hand experience with the products. This means becoming your own only customer at first.
Start slowly. Pick one to three products and use them. No more. Study the marketing and sales copy. The target market. Practice using the sales copy. But don’t feel obliged to sell or market just yet. Only share your experience with others in natural conversations.
Get first-hand experience with two or three products before you start reaching out to your market. Follow your network marketing company’s manual for doing this. Follow it to the letter. Success, both in the short-term and the long-term, will be yours. Guaranteed.
Sales and marketing, and having some sort of industry experience, are critical to the success of any business. Your future business included. The sooner you familiarize yourself with these skills the sooner you’ll be able to start your fulltime business – and generate income from day one. And who better to teach you these skills than your direct competitors – one of the many network marketing companies in the health and wellness industry?
There are two types of people in the business world. Those that are open-minded and looking for opportunity, and those that are close-minded and willing to accept whatever their boss will give them.
In which group are you?
If you are in the first, don’t let another day slip by… take action!
- Download and read the free Kindle ebook Why You Need to Start Network Marketing: How to Remove Risk and Have a Better Life.
- Then Google and make a short-list of network marketing companies you’d like to join.
- Next, whittle it down to just one.
- Then JOIN!
- Feel free to share your final choice in a Reply below.
If you are in the second group, you also can’t let another day slip by…
- Make a list of all the extra work perks you’d like to discuss with your boss.
- Then whittle it down to just one.
- Then, Go Ask!
- Feel free to share the outcome in a Reply below. Just joking! 🙂