Professional Online Herbalist Training
March 2, 2020
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Colin Jardine says
May 16, 2022 at 1:02 pm
1. Toxicity is of great concern …. Many common acute and chronic illnesses may be alleviated by a program of detoxification/cleansing……. Detoxification is part of a transformational medicine that instils change on many levels. Change and evolution are the keys to healing.
2. We are most definitely interested in Urinary and Gastrointestinal detoxes. Will discuss with my wife who is a very experienced nursing practitioner. Much of the extracts that I have prepared in the Tincture making assignments are already being put to use. 1 tsp /day. Additionally I have taken to chewing a few Celery leaves from the garden on a daily basis.
Sarah Young says
July 12, 2021 at 1:06 pm
I loved this section and wanted more information on toxicity and detoxification. Thank you.
I love burdock root as a standard in my home and I do believe fasting is highly beneficial, there is a Chinese man who is 60 and looks 30 at the most, he says fasting enables him to age slower, eating only one meal a day.. but he is very healthy as a standard. I haven’t done more research on this but it’s very interesting.
April 20, 2021 at 9:00 pm
I have always been told to “Detox” if you feel a cold or something similar coming on, but never thought about doing regular detoxes in order to keep yourself healthy. More of a means of prevention instead of treatment when the issue arises. I am Orthodox and we have regular “fasting periods” throughout the year, where we eliminate meat and dairy, and sometimes fish, wine and oil. This definitely helps I feel, with regularly detoxing, but I need to focus more on juices, fruit and vegetables during these times, instead of relying on bread (my family loves bread!). I am thinking about incorporating some regular juice cleanses into mine, and my husband’s diets soon though, as I feel a lot of our health issues stem from not truly detoxing our bodies enough.
Joyce Willson says
December 19, 2020 at 8:50 pm
My AHA moment is I have been including many of the cleansing herbs in our family diet.
We have not done a specific cleansing but we plan to use a version of the annual plan
patricia. [email protected] says
November 2, 2020 at 10:15 pm
AHA. Foodstuffs can Detox. I didn’t see importance of vegetarian food. There is Detox for every system.
Yes definitely. I’ll also teach my family and children. To keep healthy
Simphiwe Macwili says
September 8, 2020 at 3:35 am
1. I did not know there was a way to detox almost every part of the body, that really got me thinking, ah ha.
2. Would definitely make it part of my healing, will help to make medication do its job without job without having to deal with stubborn toxins, do it goes straight to what its supposed to do.
Joshua Crotty says
August 27, 2020 at 7:30 pm
Aha! I have long been finding the magic of a plant-based diet on my health and many more research documentaries have been released about this as of lately. They always say that it is a “cleaner fuel” for the body and that resonates really well with this.
I will maintain my plant-based diet, cutting out heavier starches in times of detoxification.
Ida Horn says
July 31, 2020 at 12:42 pm
The importance of detox and exercise, mind and spiritual activities.
Yes, seasonal detox makes a lot of sense, also exercise and drinking water. I already started with mild exercise and drinking water.
Mari Stebbing says
July 27, 2020 at 1:24 pm
1. This whole unit was an aha moment for me! ha ha ha! loved it!
2. You have to detox regularly. Just like you change the oil of your car. Sometimes when you are a bit under the weather and depressed, I can guarantee that a nice 3-day detox will make you feel better! oh, and don’t forget to cut our the sugar for a few days.
Nikki Presley says
May 20, 2020 at 7:51 pm
My AHA moment was that I didn’t realize goldenseal was considered a detoxifier. Great to know! I will definitely incorporate dotoxing into my regime. I need to lessen my caffeine intake drastically.
Abby Milligan says
April 29, 2020 at 12:51 pm
I think doing a detox is a vital thing to do. I didn’t really do it to the seasonal changes as stated above and i think those seasonal detoxes are an eye opener. I would definitely incorporate detox plans as i don’t see the use of trying to help bring your body into a more balanced state if it is saturated with toxins, rather eliminate the existing toxins and work with a “cleaner” slate so to speak.
Shani Moushon says
April 11, 2020 at 9:09 am
I have thought about detoxifying, yet I want to do some more research on it first.
+27 82 416 7145