More income mean more options. More options mean more freedom.
Did you ever hear the saying that money doesn’t grow on trees? As a kid, my parents used to say this to me when I wanted to buy everything in sight – especially in a garden centre or bookstore. They were only half right. Money does grow on trees – you just have to plant the right seeds in the right soil.
Whether you’re no stranger to side hustles or you’re brand-new to the concept, my aim is to help you get up and running with a profitable project in a short period of time.
Let’s recap what you’ve learned in this course:
- Everyone should have a side hustle. Even if you love your job, having more than one source of income will give you more freedom and more options.
- It’s not that hard to start one. You can do so in less than a month by following the blueprint used by successful sidepreneurs.
- To be successful at hustling, you first need to understand how to generate profitable ideas and then how to choose which one is best at any particular time.
- Side hustles are all about action! You need to launch your idea, usually, before you feel totally ready, then regroup and refine after seeing the initial results.
What You Need To Grow A Money Tree
There are very few prerequisites to starting a side business. To be successful you mostly need:
- The right frame of mind. Specifically, you need a willingness to learn and experiment. Even if you’re a longtime serial sidepreneur, some of what you’ll learn when planting your first money tree will be new to you. To get the most out of this, you’ll need to be willing to open your mind to a different way of thinking.
- A proven road map. Merely thinking about starting a side hustle won’t do much. You must be willing to commit to an action plan and then follow it to the letter. Modifying it is fine – it has to work for you – but if you want to be successful, you can’t skip steps completely.
What You Don’t Need To Grow A Money Tree
As you can see, the list of prerequisites is pretty basic. The list of what you do NOT need is far longer.
This is important because many people think that the ability to earn real money outside of their day job is out of their reach. Luckily, these people are wrong. Let’s get this out of the way right from the start:
- You don’t need special qualifications or skills. The best and most successful side businesses are built with what you already know and have right now.
- You don’t need much money. Put away your credit cards (at least the ones with high limits) and don’t worry about needing to raise capital or asking the three F’s (family, friends, and fools) for a loan. The process does not require a large amount of money.
- You don’t need much time. To be fair, you’ll need some time. But the time required to start a hustle should be minimal. The staged plan is designed to be doable alongside your existing commitments and take no more than 5 to 8 hours a week. If you want to work faster or build your project to a higher level right away, that’s fine and you can spend more time doing so – but you won’t have to.
- You don’t need a business degree or any kind of financial acumen. Most business education teaches people how to be a corporate manager, which is fine if that’s what you do for your day job. But with a side hustle, you’re starting your own business, not running someone else’s. You don’t need an MBA. You won’t have to use complicated software or spreadsheets. Your business plan and financial forecasts can be written on the back of a napkin—and in fact, that’s exactly what you’ll learn to do.
- You don’t need employees, assistants, or business partners. You may want to get additional help at some point, but not right away. The initial goal is to start on your own (maybe with the help of a business mentor or maybe not), using your own skills and effort.
- You don’t need experience starting a business. You don’t need to be a “business wizard” to start a side hustle. Even if you have zero experience working for yourself, with the right support and a little resourcefulness of your own, you’ll have no problem taking your hustle from idea to profit.
- You don’t need a lawyer, accountant, business name, business website, or business stationery. Not when starting anyway. Yes, you may need them later, but when starting they are more a hindrance to your success than a help.
In fact, some of these things (the money, the abundance of free time, even education) can actually be detrimental to your success. If you have large amounts of money to spend, you’ll spend it. If you have an abundance of free time to waste, you’ll waste it. Whatever you learned about running your own business in school can sidetrack or prevent you from taking the simple steps you need to turn your idea into action.
Converting Your Ideas Into Income-Producing Assets
Learning the way of the side hustle is easier than you think. In this course, you’ve created a mind map and made a list of ideas you’d like to explore.
Now you have to master the skills of picking the best and making it happen, and you’ll be able to convert those ideas into income-producing assets.
It’s like alchemy, except it’s not magical. It’s practical.
Introducing The BadassPreneurs Business School
You don’t need to wait for a break. You can make it yourself.
The burning question is How? Will your idea work? Are there enough customers? How do you know there isn’t a better idea out there?”
The answers to these questions can be found in the same process commercial growers use to propagate plants profitably on a large scale:
Use the right seeds: Don’t waste time growing seed that is not suited for your soil and climate. Instead, identify the thing that will grow best in your current situation and focus all of your attention, money, and time on figuring out how to grow a business doing it.
Weed out the losers: In a seedling bed, rotten seedlings stunt the growth of the robust, healthy ones. The same is true of business ideas. Figure out which ideas add the most value and provide the best opportunities for sustained growth. Then ditch the worst of the worst.
Presell the winner: Once you’ve picked your winner, presell it before investing resources in growing it. This means figuring out who the best customer for your idea is.
Nurture the winner: Once you’ve figured who your best customers are, blow their minds with care. Discover their unfulfilled needs, innovate to make their wishes come true, and over-deliver on every single promise.
Keep It Simple
As humans, we overcomplicate things. We think that in order to be successful, we need to raise a bunch of $$$, find a “one in a million” idea, and hire the absolute best.
But every big biz started out small: Amazon started by selling books, Netflix let you rent DVDs by mail, and Facebook has since rebranded from its “hot or not” origins. The first versions of everything are less than perfect.
The BadassPreneurs Business School was designed for your success. Each and every facet of the program, from its length to the action items, was carefully designed to serve the goal of helping you get your first customer and grow a profitable business!
A Business Building Crash Course Without The Crash
Who It’s For
The BadassPreneurs Business School was designed for micro-entrepreneurs looking to start a part-time or full-time business but who may not have the tools or skills to help get them there.
You are an aspirer. You yearn to make your mark on the world. Maybe you have hundreds of ideas for a business or an amazing product, but you’re not sure what to do next. Or maybe you’re having trouble coming up with an idea in the first place.
The BadassPreneurs Business School is the tool to help you identify and validate your idea, so you can begin building a business that works.
Pick And Test Your Best Business Ideas Now
Don’t fall into the trap of overthinking your idea or, worse, spending countless hours and dollars building it. Instead, quickly validate your idea by putting it to the test. Action is always the best teacher, and the BadassPreneurs Business School has the action plans you need to succeed.
Don’t waste time and money building a business on an idea that hasn’t been proven. Apply the many tested concepts in BadassPreneurs Business School to improve you chance of success.
WARNING: If you are looking for an opportunity to create wealth without work (get-rich-quick) this is definitely not it. Please look elsewhere for those.
I am sorry that this lesson was not useful for you!
Let us improve this lesson!
Please tell me how I can improve this lesson?