The biggest reason for failure in conventional food gardens is lack of planning.
In this module, you’ll learn a rather comprehensive planning approach that leaves nothing to chance and that ensures the best possible harvest from your available growing area.
You’ll start your planning by choosing the best position(s) and size for your food garden. Then I’ll help you determine your optimum growing season.
In the advanced lesson upgrade, I’ll help you plan the layout of your various food gardens. Show you how to decide on the crops you want to grow using a predefined set of criteria. Set portion goals for your crops and you’ll plan exactly where and when each crop needs to be sown.
Upon completion of Module 4 you will be able to:
- Choose the best locations for your food garden(s)
- Determine your optimum growing season
- Plan the layout of the beds.
- Choose crops to fit your skills and garden
- Use the Crop Planning Guide and Crop Planning Worksheet to determine how much of each crop to plant when.
Before you start with this module do the Planning Skills Self-Assessment
Only registered students can access all the units. TAP to UNLOCK the Beginner Class Units.