The Basic Herbal Medicine Making Certificate is your doorway into the fascinating world of herbalism.
An Online Herbalist Course with Certificate of Completion
This practical hands-on online herbalist course is your doorway into the fascinating world of the family herbalist. It is for you if you are interested in learning the basics of using herbs and natural medicine to treat everyday ailments and to live more healthy and naturally. It is also your first important Milestone if you are interested in learning how to help others.
Upon completion of the Basic Herbal Medicine Making Online Course you’ll be able to:
- Define the position of herbalism in the Biblical worldview that ‘God is the Ultimate Healer’.
- Explain how to use herbs safely.
- Set up your own basic apothecary (kitchen lab) with equipment and supplies found in most kitchens.
- Explain the Rules of Medicine Making.
- Use the traditional folk method to prepare a medicinal infusion, decoction and poultice.
- Start working on your own materia medica.
- Create your own herbal therapeutic protocol for the common cold and flu.
- Obtain the Certificate of Completion if you meet the requirements and you’ve paid the Course Certificate fee.
Become a Level 1 Family Herbalist
* The point of all SA Herb Academy learning programs is to learn a craft. There are no legislative boards, no licenses… just practical information for actual use to enrich your life and the lives of those you chose to serve.
Earn 250 Learning Credits
On successful completion of the course, you’ll earn 250 credits (called seeds) that can be used to unlock a coupon that can be used on any of our paid courses.
Start instantly and learn at your own pace.
Set and maintain your own flexible schedule. It’s okay to complete just one learning unit or module — you can pause your learning at any time. Visit your My Courses page to track your progress.
While this program is targeted at holistic health coaches and professional family herbalists, anyone can benefit from participating for their own personal use.
Internet access and basic computer skills.
Herbal Therapeutics (Clinical Herbalism) is the art and science of applying traditional medicine and herbal medicine to meet the unique needs of the individual and restore a healthy balance in the body, mind, and spirit.